Friday, October 28, 2011

From Relaxed to Texlaaxed

Texlaxed? What is that??


Using a relaxer to briefly loosen the curl pattern of your hair. This involves applying the relaxer to my new growth ONLY and letting it sit for no longer than about 5 minutes.

The time will vary depending on how well your hair takes the relaxer.


But, why?


I decided to start texlaxing my hair because I have very fine hair. I have noticed that bone-straight hair gives me more of a moppy-look which does not flatter my round face at all.

I also like the texture of a more loosen curl pattern, because...well...I LOVE curls!


My texlaxed hair has much more volume, less prone to breakage, and makes braidouts look even better!

I have just love the way my hair looks and feels when it is texlaxed as opposed to bone straight.




So why Texlaxed and not Natural?


I am not ready to go completely natural (One day....maybe).

I love natural hair, I like my natural hair - or at least I like the way my new growth feels- but at this point in life, I am concentrating on growing out healthy texlaxed hair.

I feel like I get the best of both worlds being texlaxed:
- I dont have to go through as much trouble when detangling my hair
- I get to enjoy some texture and volume
- I can easily mimick natural styles
- I can straighten my hair easily as well
- I love not knowing how long my hair is due to shrinkage until I actually straighten it

1 comment:

  1. Hi there followed your link from you tube. I am telaxed too I Love it. Check out my blog!!

    ReplyDelete